Schneider Electric is a global company that provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. It combines world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. Schneider Electric believes access to energy and digital is a basic human right. It has developed a pro-active access to energy approach relying on technology solutions, investment funds, and support for training and entrepreneurship.
- Drive Schneider Electric’s Access to Energy (A2E) business growth through the implementation of various business models, establishment of strategic A2E partnerships, promotion, understanding and marketing of the A2E offer and hunting new business opportunities to achieve exceptional sales growth in East Africa
- Setup strategic relationships at C-Level to promote and sell the A2E offer to large corporates for socio economic development which will grow the A2E business and establish reference sites across Southern Africa.
- Setup Strategic Access to Energy System Integrator Partnerships across 3 countries in Eastern Africa to deliver transactional sales
- Thorough analysis of competitor offers to align pricing and distinguish offer to increase market share.
- Diligent update of A2E sales pipeline on Bridge Front Office (BFO) to ensure that sales pipeline is up to date at all times to enable sales forecasting.
- Hunt and identify new markets and new customers for Access to Energy sales across Eastern Africa to create a sales pipeline for A2E.
- Engage with Business Unit leaders within Schneider Electric Eastern Africa to gain collaboration and Business Unit sales support.
- Engage partner retail, specifications & panel builders teams to determine opportunities for A2E sales in retail channel and via prescription and panel builders.
- First point of contact for the design of A2E solutions as per customer requirements, in conjunction with solar BU and other BU’s as and when required.
- Support colleagues within the region with all A2E offer technical queries to promote sales and A2E solutions delivery.
- Lead the establishment of Access to Energy solutions system integrator partners in East Africa that will act as A2E representatives for sales and solutions delivery for large geographical coverage and reach.
- Consistently engage and push sales independently as well as through collaboration and cross selling through Access to Energy Representatives.
- Ongoing review of the Access to Energy offer versus competitor offer through market research to determine suitability, understand competitor solutions as well as price comparisons.
- Prepare bi-weekly reports for sales forecasting and stock management requirements.
- First point of contact for customer support queries on the A2E offer and liaise with other colleagues such as offer marketing and solar BU colleagues to provide feedback to customers on A2E solutions capabilities.
- Global Supply Chain (GSC) liaison to assist with all GSC transportation requirements across borders to ensure timely delivery to customers. Actively participate in events where the promotion of Access to Energy solutions is required.
- Establish and nurture C-Level relationships in large corporates for the promotion of brand reputation as well as access to energy sales via socio economic development.
- Leverage the network of French companies to promote A2E sales within the network and to establish A2E reference sites.
- Degree in Business studies or related fields
- 5 – 7 years’ advanced sales/commercial experience related to new business development in emerging markets with newly launched offers that are not well established in the market
- Advanced understanding of sales in emerging economies
- Solar solutions (basic to advanced)
- Customer satisfaction and service delivery
- Ethics and compliance
As soon as possible