Schneider Electric is a global company that provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. It combines world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. Schneider Electric believes access to energy and digital is a basic human right. It has developed a pro-active access to energy approach relying on technology solutions, investment funds, and support for training and entrepreneurship.
Through in-depth technical knowledge of our range of solar products, the Sales Application Engineer (SAE) provides timely and effective sales and technical applications support to SE customers, prospects, representatives and distributors. The SAE works in a team environment supporting primarily the North American Regional Sales Managers.
- Provides technical support to customers, prospects, representatives and distributors.
- Assists prospects, representatives and distributors in selecting and or designing the best performance/price match of Schneider product for their application.
- Maintains the string sizing tool for dealers and distributors.
- Responds to technical problems for major accounts related to sales of our products.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and Schneider Engineering teams in solving problems that require expertise at a higher technical level.
- Maintains awareness of competitive products, comparisons to Schneider vs. features, benefits, pricing, strengths and weaknesses.
- Collaborates with Product Management, providing input for product improvements and new product development.
- Reports to sales management any large order opportunities, business activity and customer problems.
- Collaborates with internal solar products teams, including Engineering, Quality, Service, Product Management and Manufacturing to address customer issues as they arise from time to time.
- Coordinates customer visits, provide agendas and ensures appropriate personnel participate as required. Prepares meeting reports highlighting action items required and ensures the actions are completed on time.
- Travels (50%) into the field, within the Americas, to provide technical sales support and training to support Regional Sales Managers as needed.
- Leads webinars as part of customer outreach / training of installers on our products.
- Performs other departmental duties as required.
- Requires a technical degree or equivalent experience with at least 6 years in a product and service support environment, preferably in an application engineering position in a related industry.
- Thorough knowledge three-phase electrical systems and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of power conversion technology and electrical system designs.
- Knowledge of solar power system design, including grid-tie and off-grid/battery backup solutions preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Bilingual - excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English & Spanish required. Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to details.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide presentation to consumers, dealers, distributors and service providers.
Source: Sales Application Engineer in San Sebastian de los Reyes, Spain | Schneider Electric
As soon as possible