We started Bboxx to tackle a major global problem: energy poverty. Currently, 840 million people live without access to energy, of which 650 million are in Africa. An additional billion people are connected to an unreliable grid.
We design, manufacture, distribute and finance decentralised energy solutions.
We are a vertically integrated business and our business model is based: our physical (distribution network) and digital (Bboxx Pulse) highways, our bold technology (hardware and software), and our partnerships.
Our Bboxx Pulse® platform enables next generation utility businesses to scale and reach their customers that are dispersed across remote locations.
We are expanding and scaling by forging strategic partnerships with governments and world-class corporates.
About the role
- Build pipeline of grant opportunities working with external grant agency
- Support Bboxx entities with grant reporting and grant writing where needed
- Map off-grid programming as part of a Bboxx global donor influencing strategy
- Identify upcoming ‘landscape shifts’ in global off-grid sector; develop new funding and commercial opportunities around these
- Consulting-style business development – policy and enabling environment research and assessment, in particular for new market entry and expansion into new business lines
- Identify and position Bboxx in high level multilateral initiatives (G20, Africa-Europe Council, IGC Council on Fragile States, SE4ALL)
- Lead 1-2 policy research projects/year in partnership with leading academic institutions and Bboxx research team
- Represent Bboxx in renewable energy association discussions (French speaking)
- Bboxx policy and government engagement risk assessment and management
- Attend events (virtual and in person) to expand Bboxx network and in particular build relationships with donors and Governments
- Oversee and manage a ‘network of policy champions’ across Bboxx markets
- Undergraduate degree in Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or related field
- Experience of off-grid/energy access policy, market development and regulatory issues (3 years plus)
- Direct experience of at least 2 off-grid solar markets
- Strong proven project management capacity in international development projects
- Experience in subsidy programs e.g. Results-based Financing (RBF) approaches is an advantage
- Excellent communication (writing and oral), presentation, and facilitation skills in English and French
- Ability to work independently and deliver on a wide-ranging set of objectives
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership
- A passion for Bboxx’s mission and the challenges we are addressing
As soon as possible