The Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) is an international business association with more than 170 Members worldwide that promotes the sustainable decentralised renewable energy industry for the 21st century.
ARE activates markets for affordable energy services and is creating local jobs and inclusive economies in Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin-America. ARE enables high-quality energy access through business development support, policy & advocacy support, as well as communication & marketing support to its members.
ARE is recruiting a ‘Policy & Business Development Assistant’ to start as soon as possible for up to six months (full-time, 38h per week) to support with the implementation of the organisation’s activities.
- Support with implementation of ARE’s working programme, for example webinars, event implementation and development of market briefs/publications;
- Support with business development, for example linked to membership recruitment, membership liaison and services, as well as fundraising with a particular emphasis on French-speaking countries in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Support with policy and advocacy work of ARE, with a particular emphasis on French-speaking countries in Sub-Saharan Africa (e.g. position papers, articles);
- Ad-hoc support to the Policy & Business Development Department and CEO (e.g. support with research, database development, idea development, proposal writing).
- University degree in public affairs, journalism, political science, law, economics, environmental studies or other relevant studies, preferably with an emphasis on the energy sector and/or developing countries;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English is a must (native speaker or equivalent)
- Knowledge of other languages (for example Portuguese or Spanish) would be an asset;
- Strong writing, editing and reviewing skills;
- Strong organisational and IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Previous work experience in international work environment is desirable (for example in an international or EU institution, NGO, or private sector);
- Ability to provide clear and concise deliverables under time pressure;
- Ability to think ‘out of the box’ and not just follow instructions;
- Ability to work remotely in an efficient manner;
- Keen eye for details;
- Self-starter attitude, flexible, efficient and a good team player.
- Must hold a valid working permit to work in Belgium;
How to apply:
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should address their application (CV + Cover Letter + information about earliest possible starting date) with the subject line “Application: ARE Policy & Business Development Assistant” to Jens Jaeger, Policy & Business Development Manager, ARE (email@example.com) no later than Sunday 20 Sep 2020 (11:59 pm).
The selected candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Please note that only candidates accepted for interview will receive an answer from the ARE Secretariat.
20 September 2020