Founded in 1997, Trina Solar is the world's leading comprehensive solutions provider for solar energy. We believe close cooperation with our partners is criticial to success. Trina Solar now distributes its PV products to over 130 countries all over the world. Trina is able to provide exceptional services to each customer in each market and supplement our innovative, reliable products with the backing of Trina as a strong, bankable partner. We are commited to building strategic, mutually beneficial collaboration with installers, developers, distrobutors and other partners.
To deliver best projects opportunities and maximise the value of business partner’s investments around the world, Trina Solar is looking for highly qualified, well experienced, hard-working and passionate professional to develop strategic solutions such as:
- Business Development & oriented Financing
- Full Service EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning)
- Solid O&M Capability
Join us as an Engineering Manager and be part of an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment to proactively support the definition and implementation of the expansion strategy of the Project Business Unit through the origination, development and expansion of the PV Project opportunities, also including the establishment of global partnership, contacts and networking with developers, equity partners, off-takers and final consumers in the Region.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the coordination, design and review activities with the internal engineering team, support other departments in technical needs and deal with suppliers and engineering firms.
- Lead the technical development of projects including managing conceptual design, EPC design review, OEM evaluation, solar resources, yield analysis etc.
- Being the company representative at internal meetings when related to general electrical, mechanical and civil designs.
- Being the basic support to the company when dealing with major technical discussions with external actors
- Support the Business Development department with feasibility studies, cost and energy yield models, and designs to maximise LCOE
- Determine and assess the needs for external consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during the project cycle and feasibility studies
- Develop and set up internal design standards and technical specifications
- Provide technical support for the permitting activities during the development phase of the PV projects
- Investigate and update the Engineering department with latest technology news and possibilities.
- Define bills of quantities for suppliers and draft scopes of work for subcontractors
- Ensure compliance with codes, norms and regulations during project implementation
- Support Procurement by developing and maintaining equipment specifications, evaluation of equipment and contractor options, develop and negotiate technical specification/requirements for supply, construction and interconnection contracts, etc.
- Support Construction team by providing technical support
- Keep and maintain 'lessons learnt' file updating the DD Engineers and Design Engineers to be applied and avoid repeating mistakes
- University Degree in Engineering, (Msc Civil, Electrical or Mechanical)
- 15 years of working experience in a similar position in Engineering firms or EPC contractor or developers.
- 5 years of team management experience with a focus on multinational teams
- Strong interpersonal, prioritising, and time management skills
- Knowledge of Autocad, PVSys, Microsoft Office. Helios 3D and Civil 3D will be considered a plus
- Excellent team-worker, capable to actively support the fulfillment of team objectives
- Highly focused on optimisation of the Design costly wise
- Fluent English, other languages will be considered a plus
As soon as possible