We are looking for experts in our field with > 10 years’ experience, interested in joining us as a partner and prospective future shareholder. The hope is that if our collaboration works well, the expert would eventually become a central and equal partner in our company, contributing to both technical work and the management and direction of the company. As this is not a usual employee position, remuneration would be linked to billings to clients, either through the same system applied to other partners, or another arrangement to be negotiated.
Tasks & responsibilities:
As a member of the senior MARGE team, the expert would be engaged in tasks ranging from the technical implementation of projects to strategic company management:
- Implementation of renewable energy assignments for development agencies governments and companies working in developing countries
- Acquisition of new projects through networking, formal bids, and direct awards
- Contribution to the management of the company through participation in meetings, strategic discussions and key decisions
- Contribution to company growth in areas of strategic interest to the expert and the company
Our typical target experts are seasoned freelancers in the sector who could profit from joining a flexible and collaboration organisation capable to support him/her in market and project scoping and development and administrative tasks, as well as create a pleasant and collaborative working environment.
In MARGE we believe in supporting as much as possible our team members in pursuing their professional interests in specific countries, sectors and types of activity, in the interests of growing the company and maximising our contribution to development issues in a financially sustainable way. In MARGE we also always seek for work-life balance and the level of effort of each team member is designed around this principle.
The candidate should:
- Hold a Master (or equivalent) in project management, business administration, economics, finance, engineering, or a related field
- Have at least 10 years of professional experience with projects on sustainable energy access in developing countries
- Be able to work at least both in English and French
- Be able to work independently and with initiative on complex projects
- Be communicative and transparent and embrace a non-hierarchical company culture
- Have experience in managing small, culturally diverse teams with a significant proportion of remote-work
- Be comfortable and familiar with remote tools for virtual communication, and home-working in general.
- Be open to travel regularly for short trips (usually 1-2 weeks each) to developing countries
- Be a team player, ready to provide support where needed
- Have good communication skills
- Headquarters: 31700 Blagnac, France - www.marge.eu; RCS Toulouse - SIREN 400733911
- Duration/time: This is an open-ended position. We envisage an initial trial period of six months, after which our working relationship should be reviewed with a view to establishing a mutually acceptable long-term career plan. Start as soon as possible, negotiable
- Location: We allow our senior experts to select their own home bases. Our team is currently based in Toulouse, Paris, Addis Abeba, Blantyre (Malawi) and Brighton. The assignments themselves will require frequent travel to developing countries, mostly Sub-Saharan Africa
How to apply:
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to MARGE administrative assistant firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2021, with subject “Mid_Senior_Expert _Last name_First Name”.
Source: Mid-/Senior-level Expert Partner PDF
01 January 2021