GVE Projects Limited is a leading renewable energy solutions provision company in Sub-Saharan Africa. In line with our vision of being the first-choice renewable energy enterprise sort globally, we have a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation and maintenance of renewable energy solutions, predominantly solar energy and hybrid power systems for residential, commercial, industrial and rural off-grid or under-served communities through commercially sustainable business models, in line with our clients’ needs. GVE currently has a cumulative DRE footprint of 2.6 MWp serving rural, peri-urban and urban residential, commercial and public clients.
The Head of HR and Corporate Services holds a very vital and strategic role in the company. Responsible for the management of the people/talent and administrative functions (teams) of the company as well as management of the company’s policies and facilities management including the training academy.
The Head of HR and Corporate Services is actively responsible for:
- Supporting the development and implementation of GVE’s strategic plans in accordance with the company’s mission and vision statements.
- Developing, implementing and managing all aspects of HR, talent/people development strategies that align with the business objectives.
- Managing the administrative function of the company.
- Developing and coordinating corporate systems, processes and procedures to ensure organisational and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Developing and implementing organisational development, training and improvement initiatives.
- Working closely with Senior Management colleagues to ensure their plans are developed and executed in line with the company’s strategy.
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions and compliance with the statutory/regulatory requirements with all the relevant local, state and federal governmental bodies, legislatures and internal/external stakeholders at large.
- Spare heading procurement and facilities management.
The Head of HR and Corporate Services will support the executive management team with business planning activities, providing practical and creative input in the development of new business initiatives, the design of current and future strategic and operational plans and will bring discipline to the strategic decision-making process to manage the effective use of business resources.
The Head of HR and Corporate Services should have the ability and experience to motivate and drive teams and colleagues to achieve both the overall company targets and key performance objectives.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in HR or Business Administration (Masters’ degree is a plus).
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Preferably in the Energy or Telecommunication Sector but not mandatory).
- Experience in Talent Acquisition, Retention and Performance Management.
- Experience in designing and delivering coaching/mentoring, learning and development and talent management programs.
- Interpersonal relationships, discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience of designing and implementing HR policies, HR Information Systems, procedures, offers and contracts of employment including payroll and payroll procedures.
- Adaptability and flexibility – willing to work on a variety of projects and perform in multiple roles.
- A strong leader with integrity, open mindedness, and rigor to defend their strategic direction and support it with data while considering the position of others.
- An approachable personality with a strong appreciation for people at all levels in the organisation and an ability to deliver under pressure.
- An ability and willingness to raise issues and drive resolution on topics, popular or unpopular, in the best interests of the company.
- A demonstrated, detail oriented and principles first approach to problem solving rather than reliance on industry heuristics and an ability to explain those principles to others.
- willingness to prioritise building a cohesive company culture over individual functional success.
- Demonstrated leadership in high value negotiations in both win-win and win-lose scenarios with suppliers, partners, and customers and government entities.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration, performance bonus and career development opportunities.
- Full benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid vacation etc.
- Amazing work life balance.
- Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals driving global revolutionary change.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Head, HR & Corporate Services Application” as the email subject.
As soon as possible