E.ON Off Grid Solutions GmbH (EOGS) is incorporated in Düsseldorf, Germany with a branch registered in Arusha, Tanzania. EOGS is a 100% subsidiary of E.ON SE (registered in Germany), one of the world’s leading private power & gas utilities with strong presence in Europe and North America.
We currently operate mini-grid projects in ten villages in Tanzania under the brand name “Rafiki Power”, supplying electricity to more than 4,000 people.
Although technology agnostic, our current mini-grid solution is a containerized solar PV and battery system, which provides high-quality grid-equivalent. Power distribution to customers is enabled with a 230V 50Hz AC mini-grid (single and three-phase). Customers are connected to the distribution grid with pre-paid smart-meters which enable mobile money payments and a fully automated control of the energy consumption.
We are looking for an Off Grid Engineer with a focus on practical implementation of renewable energy systems, to join us on our mission of providing clean energy through innovative technologies. The role includes:
- Focus on developing standardized and customized modular off-grid electricity systems (PV-battery, PV-battery-diesel, and diesel-PV hybrid) with a focus on rural, off-grid markets
- Detailed design of efficient and cost-effective power generation and distribution systems
- Providing support with asset tenders, quote evaluation, and contractor management through to installation and commissioning
- Providing engineering support to local operations team(s), in particular with respect to O&M processes for installed systems
At EOGS, fascinating work is the norm – every day brings new challenges and new learning. If you are a creative problem solver with a technical mindset, this is the role for you!
- Good university degree in science or engineering OR Off Grid specialised Electrician
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Technical knowledge in energy systems, preferably involving solar PV, batteries & diesel as well as reticulation systems
- Hands-on experience with electrical power systems or similar technical field required
- Experience managing contractors and working with external parties
- Ability to identify a problem and define adequate solutions independently
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary, international team in multiple locations
- Fluent in English, in speech and writing
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Dynamic and flexible start-up environment
- Working at our main office, at the E.ON :agile innovation hub in Düsseldorf, with travel to project locations in Africa
- Subsidized food, free drinks and fruit
Please send your application and CV to: email@example.com.
30 November 2017