E.ON Off Grid solutions aims to be the energy service partner of choice for off grid solutions. We currently test a business model for mini-grids and stand alone solutions that allow productive use in rural Africa. We currently have electrified 10 villages in Tanzania as well as one rural mining customer.
We are looking for an Off Grid Engineer with a focus on practical implementation of renewable energy systems, to join us on our mission of providing clean energy through innovative technologies. The role includes:
- Focus on developing standardized and customized modular off-grid electricity systems (PV-battery, PV-battery-diesel, and diesel-PV hybrid) with a focus on rural, off-grid markets
- Detailed design of efficient and cost-effective power generation and distribution systems
- Providing support with asset tenders, quote evaluation, and contractor management through to installation and commissioning
- Providing engineering support to local operations team(s), in particular with respect to O&M processes for installed systems
At EOGS, fascinating work is the norm – every day brings new challenges and new learning. If you are a creative problem solver with a technical mindset, this is the role for you!
- Good university degree in science or engineering OR Off Grid specialised Electrician
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Technical knowledge in energy systems, preferably involving solar PV, batteries & diesel as well as reticulation systems
- Hands-on experience with electrical power systems or similar technical field required
- Experience managing contractors and working with external parties
- Ability to identify a problem and define adequate solutions independently
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary, international team in multiple locations
- Fluent in English, in speech and writing
- Work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Dynamic and flexible start-up environment
- Working at our main office, at the E.ON :agile innovation hub in Düsseldorf, with travel to project locations in Africa
- Subsidized food, free drinks and fruit
Please send your application and CV to: email@example.com.
30 November 2017