SunCulture unlocks the potential of smallholder farmers by powering their farms and their homes. Their base system comes with ClimateSmart, the most powerful energy system in its class, as well as agricultural and household appliances, such as award winning solar water pumps, irrigation systems, TVs, and lights. SunCulture is the only company in Africa that serves both the rural household and the farm with a single IoT-enabled energy system.
SunCulture has direct distribution across Kenya and operates in several other Sub-Saharan countries through distribution partners. SunCulture is the largest distributor of off-grid solar water pumps in Africa.
About the role
SunCulture has reached an exciting phase in its development and is poised for significant growth. The organisation needs an experienced Engineering Project Manager who is responsible for understanding the technical requirements of various stakeholders, drafting project plans, making sure the plans are progressing as scheduled, and preparing reports for all key stakeholders.
- Liaise between R&D and SunCulture team
- Collaborate with all engineering managers and VP Engineering to build the monthly budget for reporting for SunCulture’s finance team and investors
- Work closely with the sales and engineer field staff team to ensure all customer-facing SunCulture employees understand the products
- Liaise with the SunCulture marketing team to ensure that all internal and external product-related content is accurate and up-to-date
- Work with SunCulture’s CFO and Head of Finance to provide information from the supply chain and product to determine the pricing of the product
- Implement after-sales tracking with PowerBI and dashboards, working closely with EPI PM and Head of Aftersales
- Maintain a constant stream of communication between R&D and operations to ensure that we are building a product that will operationally fit into SunCulture’s business (i.e. Ensure that the RainMaker can be delivered across Kenya with Fargo Courrier)
- Ensure timelines are met and aligned on the operations, finance, R&D, and sales, particularly during the launch of a new product
- Ensuring products have the support of upper management
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams
Does This Sound Like You?
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with diverse team members
- Strong organisational leadership and time management skills
- Ability to motivate and structure processes for individuals and teams
- Must be knowledgeable about engineering and can also explain technology in layman's term
- Bachelors degree in engineering, product design, business, or another relevant field, with a Masters degree, preferred
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Able to fluently communicate in English; Swahili is a plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-evolving environment, and able to plan, be organised, and meet deadlines
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and with strong execution skills
- Good communication skills and should ensure Information communicated is clear and timely
- Independent thinker able to thrive and make decisions in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Skill in prioritising and triaging obligations
- Thrive in resources constrained environments
- High integrity values with discretion in using budgetary allocation for the department
- A proven record of ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive, collaborative, organised, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
Source: SunCulture Careers (freshteam.com)
26 February 2021