Two decades of experience as a leading provider of reliable, innovative energy solutions has earned Phocos continuous respect from the solar industry. We have proudly grown from being ‘Your Off-Grid Partner’ to ‘Your Any-Grid Partner’ as we expand our product offering to meet more energy access challenges in the global market today. Phocos designs and delivers world-class equipment for energy production, storage, and conservation to enable universal access to reliable energy. From hybrid inverters, to efficient DC refrigeration, to multiple charge controllers, we have the right product to fit various applications and energy demands.
Phocos is a global manufacturer of solar components and solutions for Off-Grid / Edge of Grid / Any-Grid™ power supplies. With the one of the widest global sales, engineering and production network in the Solar PV Industry, Phocos supplies high-quality solutions that help to bring reliable light and electricity Anywhere, Any Time, Any-Grid™. With over 1 billion people in the world living without access to reliable electricity, we have work to do, and we want you to join our team to help us supply solutions that help to reduce that number substantially.
With start at the 1st of April 2021 Phocos is seeking an
Electromechanical Technician (m/f/d)
to support our R&D and Aftersales Support teams.
The Electromechanical Technician is an integral part of the Technical team at Phocos AG in Ulm, Germany. This position provides testing and verification of new products to the Senior R&D team. Another big part of the role will assure satisfied customers by first class technical customer and aftersales support. Further it includes the management and maintenance of the IT-infrastructure/landscape at Phocos AG and partly for the Phocos Group.
- Tests prototype, trial production and mass production builds, evaluates and clearly documents test results and makes recommendations to R&D
- Preparation and implementation of EMC tests
- Maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment (electrical safety checks, calibrations, etc.)
- Fields customer technical support inquiries for the EMEA region, troubleshoots problems and provides thorough and prompt communication to clients regarding the status and resolution of support tickets.
- Processing of technical documentation
- Support of the sales department with technical customer training
- Management and maintenance of our IT infrastructure / network landscape as system administrator
- General support activities for electronics development
- Completed training as a technician (m/f/d) or comparable training in electronics / mechatronics
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Ideally experienced with solar charge controllers and inverters for Off-Grid/Edge of Grid photovoltaics systems
- Good knowledge / experience in electrical engineering, tests, measurements, soldering
- Experience in the field of certification of e-products (e.g. CE) is an advantage
- Confident handling of IT networks as a system administrator
- Thorough record-keeping, documentation skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication, presentation and refined problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally and with other global offices (time zones) to achieve objectives.
- Significant skills required in multi-tasking and time management
- Open for occasional, international overnight travel is required
- Fluent in German and English (further languages are a plus)
What we offer:
- Flat hierarchies, open communication and short decision-making paths
- an interesting, versatile work environment
- the opportunity to work and shape independently and self-responsible
- a young, international and highly motivated team
- interesting and responsible tasks in an internationally successful company
- fair salary in an open-ended employment relationship including employer-funded pension
- Coffee / water / milk flat rate
If you see yourself in this offer, we look forward to receive you CV including salary expectation via email to email@example.com.