Turbulent aims to provide even the most remote communities of the world with reliable and affordable energy. We’ve developed a special kind of Vortex Turbine that generates low cost electricity, without the ecological impact, without large civil works, and without the high upfront investment cost. If you have a river, you now have power. Go with the flow!
Responsibilities and Tasks
As an electrical engineer, you will work in team together with the electrical, software- and mechanical engineers in Turbulent. As a member of the team, you will share the responsibility for the production and R&D of our power & control electric solutions for the complete product range.
Your main R&D tasks are:
- Identifying the best power electronics solutions for both short- and long-term implementations.
- Developing these electrical systems supporting all necessary types of grid conditions.
- Adapting the power & control system designs for on-grid, off-grid, 3 and 1-phase. ▪ Improving the control PCB solution and integrate it into our product line.
- Certification of the electrical systems for different markets worldwide.
- R&D on operating turbines in series and parallel and adapting the control system.
Your main operational tasks are:
- Production management of the turbine electronics
- Quality control of the turbine power and control systems
- Deployments and commissioning at customer site of turbines
- Technical support of installed turbines (on site and remote)
- The job requires the academic degree of electrical, electromechanical or electronic engineer, equivalent to the Belgian degree of “Burgerlijk ingenieur” or similar by experience.
- As Turbulent is an international company your level of English must be excellent.
- Ideally you have 3-5 years of experience in the production and design of industrial electrical systems, and in engineering of motor/generator control systems in a power range from 5kW up to 500 kW.
- You have a good knowledge of industry practices in these fields and know how to use electronics CAD software, preferably AutoCAD Electrical as well.
- Since the job entails product development & prototyping, you must have a practical mindset and you need to be familiar with lean & agile development practices.
- Experience in the development of control software and familiarity with Linux is a plus.
- Practical experience in building electrical setups for remote energy supply is a plus.
- You have a hands-on mentality; you like to put theory into practice yourself and apply your practical experience in research
- You are result driven & cost aware
- Flexible (can deal with changing priorities) and self-reliant (can deal with less structure)
- Creative and solution oriented, eager to learn
- Customer oriented
As soon as possible