The Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) is the international business association with the aim to promote a sustainable decentralised renewable energy industry for the 21st century, activating markets for affordable energy services, and creating local jobs and inclusive economies. ARE enables improved energy access through business development support for its Membership along the whole value chain for off-grid technologies.
We are recruiting a ‘Communications & Business Development Assistant / Intern’ from April - September 2019 (full-time; 38h per week) to support the Communications & Marketing Officer in the implementation of the organisation’s communications strategy.
Key tasks include:
- ARE internal communications with Members (Preparation of ARE Weekly Alert by collecting and consolidating market and business information; updating statistical data)
- Developing & researching relevant business opportunities (funding, awards, procurements, consulting)
- ARE external communications (newsletter & website support)
- Social media outreach
- Media monitoring and analysis
- Event support such as conferences, exhibitions and stakeholder dialogues
- University degree or equivalent experience in communications, public affairs or environmental studies preferably with a focus on developing countries and on the energy / environment sector
- Previous work experience in an international, preferably European, Institution, NGO or company desirable;
- Strong organisational and advanced IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) including CMS;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential (native speaker or equivalent); knowledge of other languages (particularly Spanish, French, Portuguese or German) would be an asset;
- Ability to provide clear and concise deliverables under time pressure;
- Keen eye for details;
- Self-starter attitude, flexible, efficient and a good team player.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should address their application (CV + Cover Letter + information about earliest possible starting date) with the subject line “ARE Communications Assistant / Intern” to Ling Ng, Communications & Marketing Officer (email@example.com) no later than Friday, 15 February 2019.
Please note that only candidates accepted for interview will receive an answer from the ARE Secretariat.
15 February 2019