GRID Alternatives' vision is a successful transition to clean, renewable energy that includes everyone. Our mission is to make renewable energy technology and job training accessible to underserved communities.
The Electrician will be a part of the GRID Alternatives’ headquarters or Bay Area regional construction team, and work closely with the national clean mobility team. They will generally be the regional go-to resource for guidance and questions regarding the installation of electrical vehicle service equipment and residential electrical service equipment.
- Safely complete installation of electric vehicle service equipment, residential service upgrades, conduit and interties (mostly in the Bay Area region)
- Ensure that the work is performed in a professional and workmanlike manner to conform to existing national and local building codes
- Perform site visits, analyse points of interconnection, specify equipment/materials, support bid proposals
- Supervise SolarCorps Construction Fellow/Electrician Trainee
- Perform quality assurance reviews of in-house and subcontractor work
- This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive
Profile & Qualification
- California-certified residential or general electrician
- 3+ years experience in electrical installation and repair
- Excellent and professional communication skills including giving and receiving feedback
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to build a positive work environment within a team and in a dynamic and culturally diverse environment
- Self starter – extremely motivated, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change, go the extra mile, and bring ideas and energy to a high-growth organisation
- Passion for environmental justice and working with low-income communities, sustainability, affordable housing, and the environment
Location & Mobility
Headquarters/Bay Area (Oakland, CA). This position may require up to 25 % out-of-town travel to regional offices and special projects. Availability to work nights and weekends may be required.
GRID Alternatives may provide vehicles for work travel and/or travel reimbursement for personal vehicle use, but applicant must hold a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Offer & Benefits
- This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, dental, vision/eye care insurance, five weeks paid time off , 12 paid holidays, commuter checks, 403b retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), STD, LTD,and AD&D insurance.
How to Apply
Submit both a resume and a cover letter describing your interest. Due to the high volume of inquiries, mailed and emailed applications are not accepted. Please do not call and/or email requesting an update.
As soon as possible