Qinous develops and markets standardized all-in-one energy storage system for the integration of renewable energies in isolated mini-grids and for various on-grid applications. Our systems are based on high-quality lithium ion or aqueous hybrid ion batteries and are available in the mid-power range (30kW up to 1MW+). Our solution includes the battery system, grid-forming battery inverter, housing with temperature control and a mini-grid management system with remote access and an intuitive human-machine interface. Depending on size our system come in a compact housing, 20ft or 40ft ISO container.
In February 2016 Qinous had installed or had under construction a total of nearly 7MWh within 12 projects in 5 countries. Our references include hospitals, a fast-charging system, a village grid, a remote settlement and system for the increase of self-consumption.
Qinous was founded in 2013 by Steffen Heinrich, Dr. George Hanna and Busso v. Bismarck and is based in Berlin, Germany.
Do you want to change the future of energy with us?
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct a sensitivity analysis of our energy storage system considering factors such as BOS and battery component costs and diesel and PV prices.
- Do a techno-economic assessment of various current and potential future storage technologies with focus on Lithium ion batteries.
- Conduct research on the topic of Lithium ion battery recycling including 2nd life and disposal. Compile a report with findings and conclusions of your research.
- Develop a disposal strategy based on different scenarios using your research as a basis.
- Support of battery supply and procurement management.
- You’re pursuing a degree in Energy Engineering, Sustainability, Business or similar.
- You are available for a 6-month mandatory internship.
- You already have an understanding (theoretical suffices) of Lithium ion batteries and Energy storage technologies and how they function.
- You are an expert in Excel and have great analytical abilities.
- In addition, your communication skills, both oral and written, are excellent.
- Fluent in English and ideally German.
- We consider a previous internship in the field of energy or renewable energy a great plus.
- Become a vital part of a growing team working in a future market.
- Chance to contribute to changing an industry by applying innovative technology in a highly relevant and meaningful field.
- Be highly involved in the creation and development of our battery disposal strategy.
- Short decision-making processes and room for initiative.
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth.
- An inclusive atmosphere and the opportunity to work within a team of experts.
How to apply:
Please apply on Qinous website here: http://bit.ly/2MFlOT5
As soon as possible