Winch Energy is a global energy group creating specialised and sustainable solutions for off-grid distributed power. We are reinventing power generation, electricity distribution and telecommunications access for the +1 billion people across the globe who do not have access to electricity, running water and communications. Access to power is about so much more than energy, it is the conduit for opportunity and prosperity. Winch Energy provides sustainable, higher tier access to power at more affordable rates than rural communities currently spend on their energy consumption. By enabling access to energy, we are empowering communities, creating wealth, transforming lives and creating freedom for individuals.
Winch Energy Ltd. is currently looking for a French speaking business developer to support the business development team in the company’s rapid expansion. An African renewable energy and mini-grid background would be ideal, with the confidence to tackle areas of business which are new to the candidate. We expect you to help us build and consolidate our position as a key player in the off-grid energy market.
- Commercial role: Support the business development team.
- Identify and evaluate new business development and co-development opportunities.
- Lead co-development projects from concept to financial close by structuring and securing all the necessary commercial terms including partnership agreements, licence agreements, environmental clearances, land, customer agreements and project fundraising.
- Write and submit EOI and RFP tender documents.
- Write grant applications, project proposals and PIM’s.
- Support commercial discussions and contract negotiations (MoU, TS, & JDA’s).
- Support project due diligences in coordination with consultants.
- Asset management: Follow local business development best practices and reporting.
- Manage local partner relationships across Africa and Asia.
- Financial modelling to assess regional projects opportunities under supervision.
- Provide project status reports.
- GIS mapping to identify suitable mini-grid sites.
- Market and regulatory research in energy and telecommunications.
- Support the relationships and workflow between head office and local subsidiaries.
- General business development administration.
Profile and personal
- Strong microsoft skills: Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Financial modelling experience to run existing models.
- Project finance experience.
- GIS mapping including data analysis and coding experience.
- At least five years of experience working within the energy sector (experience in the solar and mini-grid domains is preferred) as project developer.
- Willing to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment and prepared to travel.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet key deadlines.
- Experience working in Africa.
- 37.5 hours per week
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Dynamic and flexible work environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
As soon as possible