Since 1962, NRECA International has developed programs that promote economic prosperity in developing countries through technical assistance and training in rural electrification.
NRECA International strives to create permanent business cultures and operating environments in which local electrification institutions are able to survive, compete, prosper and grow.
- Feasibility Studies
- Institutional Development
- Productive Uses and Economic Development
- Renewable Energy Technology
- Rural Electrification Planning
- Rural Electrification Project Design
- Utility Operations and Management
The Administrative Specialist will be a full-time position located at the ZECDP program office in Lusaka Zambia. The Specialist will perform a variety of accounting, financial reporting, procurement and office management duties. The position requires knowledge in accounting, financial management, office administration and business administration as applied in the Zambia environment. Familiarity with labor practices, non-profit organization and accounting practices and financial reporting will be preferred for successful candidates.
About the role
- Management of ZECDP office accounting and financial reporting;
- In consultation with the NRECA team leader, development ZECDP office polices and administrative procedures that comply with Zambian laws and regulations.
- Maintain office, finance, and purchase order files and databases, and assist with recording the purchasing of supplies.
- Support procurement actions and day to day office supplies and materials requests.
- Submit monthly financial reports to the NRECA Finance Department.
- Arrange for and oversee information technology support for NRECA office and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field.
- Five years experience in office management and/or accounting.
- Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports; find solutions to various administrative problems; and prioritize work.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills. Working knowledge of English is required.
Candidates should send a complete CV in English along with a cover letter in English describing their experience, and three references who may be contacted by NRECA. Please email your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. Apply by November 12, 2021.
12 November 2021