Schneider Electric is a global company that provides energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. It combines world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. Schneider Electric believes access to energy and digital is a basic human right. It has developed a pro-active access to energy approach relying on technology solutions, investment funds, and support for training and entrepreneurship.
- Manage A2E (Access to Energy) Sales & P&L on Anglophone Africa, for both transactional and consultation sales
- Co-manage A2E Segment Sales on NGOs/UNs perimeter
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Access to Energy Business(A2E) Development team in France and to the local Cluster Presidents, the successful candidate will :
- Manage hierarchically and/or functionally a team of Access to Energy business developers in the different countries: Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa
- Be accountable of the A2E global performance (KPI’s Impact People + Sales). Prepare & Animate Quarterly reporting and business review presentation
- Develop marketing tool with support of Marketing department
- Deliver the expected economic performance for Sales/Segment
- Be responsible for short term sales objective for Access to Energy
- Execute Access to Energy strategy in respect with Cluster guidance, tools, and processes.
- Drive innovation in new business models enabling Access to Energy business, in link with local Rural Electrification Agencies, Local Governments, International and national finance institutions (MFI, World Bank…).
- Be accountable of the implementation and use of Group tools & process, with strong focus on CRM tool (BFO)
- Lead functionally dedicated transactional Sales force in the different clusters (Access to Energy business developers).
- Be responsible for managing new business opportunities for Schneider Electric’s Access to Energy Program, including the creation, management and improvement of the local Access to Energy sales pipeline
- Communication: Stakeholders at all levels (from Government ministers/CEOs to villagers); Non-traditional business partners (NGOs, small business partners etc); Schneider Electric Access to Energy team and beyond
- Minimum 5 years’ of relevant experience - Master off-grid offer, and LV offers
- Solid knowledge of off-grid market and market players
- Renewable Energy (Solar) exposure
- International experience is an added advantage
- Project Management experience (executing and deploying complex projects to time involving many stakeholders, suppliers and disciplines)
- Familiar with all aspects of business development including the ability to manage projects with different stakeholders at all levels, as well as create technical and commercial offers.
- A ‘hands-on’ attitude, ready to spend time in rural isolated villages (often without access to water/electricity), embedded in communities to understand real needs, and adapt Access to Energy solutions and offers to match these needs to ensure long term development and sustainability.
- Passionate about sustainable development, concerned about poverty issues, have an understanding of the bridge between business and developing countries/economic development. Understand and be able to apply the concept of shared value for different stakeholders both internally and externally
- Access to energy offer knowledge
- French speaking will be appreciated but not mandatory
As soon as possible