The ARE Africa Desk was set up in cooperation with the African Development Bank to strengthen ARE’s activities in Africa and boost the development of thriving private sector-driven DRE markets in the continent.
- Mobilise and support African and international project developer and investor communities to catalyse increased investments in DRE
- Specific focus on accelerating access to finance, especially of DRE companies and of low-income rural customers
- Drive the development of innovative financing mechanisms, leveraged by technical assistance and market enabling interventions that de-risk DRE projects and businesses
- Foster local DRE market development through knowledge transfer and capacity building for local businesses and institutions, including. financial institutions
- Access to Finance
- Energy - Agriculture/Food Nexus
- Rural Healthcare Electrification
- Development of Local DRE Markets
The Finance4Energy Access Working Group
- Dedicated Access to Finance Working Group managed by Africa Desk and driven by ARE Financier Members
- Platform to discuss major barriers to and develop solutions for, improved access to finance of DRE companies and to unlock increased financing for the DRE sector
- Forum for networking, dialogue, partnerships & cooperation, coordination of investor activities and programmes
- Development of dedicated financing facilities and market building activities
Join us at the launch and kick-off meeting scheduled for April 2021!